Maintenance Savings Plan – Comfort Club
DESIGNED JUST FOR YOU BY:
- Reducing your fuel bills
- Assuring you of increased safety
- Giving you priority service
- Prolonging your equipment life
Your home is your largest investment. It’s your place of comfort, security, family, memories, giving and sharing. And a place that’s supposed to function while providing all this. That’s why we created this Maintenance Savings Plan as part of joining our Comfort Club.
Cash, Check, &
Here’s what you can get as a member…
- 1. Discounts: On parts and labor for repairs. You save each time!
- 2. Priority Service: You get to “cut in line” ahead of non¬members — even at our busiest times!
- 3. Lower Utilities: Properly maintained heating and cooling equipment keeps more energy dollars in your pocket.
- 4. Peace of Mind: Your system is safety-checked, it’s saving you money, and it’s working correctly. If it’s not, you know who to call!
- 5. Free Reminders: Take this one off your “to do” list. We handle everything to keep you on schedule!
- 6. Increased equipment life: The #1 reason for system failure is dirt! Properly maintained equipment lasts longer.
- 7. Seasonal Maintenance: Included at no additional charge (when done during scheduled times). Tune-ups save you money.
- 8. Satisfaction Guarantee: This agreement can be canceled at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with the unused portion of your dues refunded.
Includes Two Routine Checks Annually
Summer Cooling Checks
- 1. Install gauges and check operating pressures.
- 2. Check voltage and amperage to all motors.
- 3. Check air temperature drop across evaporator.
- 4. Check for adequate refrigerant charge and possible leaks.
- 5. Lubricate all necessary parts.
- 6. Check belts and adjust tension.
- 7. Change or clean air filters (provided by customer)
- 8. Check compressor contractor contacts.
- 9. Check all wiring for loose connections.
- 10. Clean and adjust thermostat.
- 11. Check that condensate drain is open.
- 12. Check complete cycle of operation.
Winter Cooling Checks
- 1. Check and adjust thermostat.
- 2. Clean and adjust safety controls.
- 3. Check burners and control (gas).
- 4. Check operating pressures (heat pump).
- 5. Check temperature rise across furnace.
- 6. Check for gas or freon leaks.
- 7. Check air filter (provided by customer).
- 8. Check belt and adjust tension.
- 9. Check fan control.
- 10. Check and adjust gas pressure.
- 11. Check voltage and amperages.
- 12. Check complete cycle of operation.
Additional Terms & Conditions
M.D. Repair agrees to provide the necessary labor and maintenance materials to perform a comprehensive Maintenance program for the equipment listed on the front of this form. Our Maintenance and Service programs are designed to provide our customers with an on-going professional program that is tailored to provide the specific needs of the equipment-listed.
All services will be scheduled, administered, monitored, and updated by M.D. Repair. All services performed are based on manufacturers’ recommendations, equipment location, run time, equipment type and our own experience. All services will be performed by experienced and certified technicians. The services required to maintain your equipment may include:
Equipment: The annual investment to be paid by customer under this Agreement is based upon the maintenance of the equipment listed on their invoice. Customer may not delete equipment or accessories from the annual plan. Id the event additional equipment is added to customers’ heating and/or air conditioning system, the same will be covered at an increase of the annual charge.
Customer’s right to cancel: Customer may cancel a multi-year Agreement by mailing a written notice of cancellation to M.D. Repair. If cancelled, the customer will receive a pro-rated refund of the payments made by customer for the term of this Agreement.
Company’s right to cancel: M.D. Repair reserves the right to immediately terminate this Agreement in the event: (0 Heating or air conditioning equipment or accessories are installed in the customer’s home by a company other than M.D. Repair, (ii) Customer has any part of the heating or air conditioning system serviced by a company other than M.D. Repair, or (iii) Customer fails to fulfill the payment terms contained on the front side of this Agreement.
Transferability: This Agreement is transferable to the subsequent owner of the home in which the equipment and accessories are located, provided that M.D. Repair receives written notification of the sale of the property within sixty days of transfer.
Warranties & Limitations on Warranties: M.D. Repair warrants work shall be free from defects in workmanship for a period of twelve months from the date said work was performed. Only the manufacturer’s warranty is provided on any parts or materials provided in connection with the work. M.D. Repair’s obligation for defective products and/or workmanship or any damage caused thereby, shall be limited to the replacement of any defective parts or workmanship and shall be conditional upon M.D. Repair receiving actual written notice of said facts within an applicable warranty period(s).
The foregoing warranties are exclusive and in lieu of all other expressed or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. M.D. Repair shall not be subject to and disclaims all consequential, incidental and contingent damages whatsoever.
Entire Agreement: This Agreement sets forth the entire Agreement between the parties and supersedes all other Agreements either written or oral concerning the subject of this Agreement.